Curriculum plays an essential part in supporting the learning process. We, at SHKS, use different Teaching-Learning Methodologies. The core part of our CURRICULUM is our students. And the list of tools that we use in moulding our students are based on books we use. The books have been designed and created by our Curriculum partner Nature Nurture Edusery Private Ltd. The entire curriculum planning has been done according to the National Educational Policy 2020. Our books have been designed to impart learning through texts and pictures. We carefully inculcate love and care into every facet of learning and bring up artistic power through different activities. Our curriculum is a thematic learning programme that builds on the child's existing knowledge through establishing a correlation with different domains of learning.
With the aim of imparting better education, the main learning areas that we deal with are as follow:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development: SHKS tries to build confidence in our young learners from the foundation level. We help them in developing respect for others and their things. This helps them to learn how to manage their feelings and to understand the importance of being the part of a group.
- Physical and Motor Skill Development: To maintain body balance and sensory coordination of the learners, we have included Physical and Motor Skill Development Activities in our curriculum. Development of gross and fine Motor Skills is one of the main domains of Montessori Activities.
- Cognitive Development: Cognitive Development includes development of cognitive skills or intelligence of a child. Skills like Observation, Problem Solving, Sequencing, Reasoning and Memory Ordering are the part of this domain.
- Language and Literacy Development: We teach, train and give importance to all the skills involved with Language Development such as Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing ( LSRW ). The languages taught and trained by us are English, Hindi and Punjabi.
- Art and Creative Development: Creative and Art oriented activities develop Confidence, Imagination and Emotional understanding in a preschooler. Different activities have been included in our planner to bring out the immense creativity laid in a child.
- Technology: We give first hand training to use computers to UKG students in our well-equipped Computer Labs. We try to make our kids Technology-Friendly and to help them realise the importance of Artificial Intelligence.